12/18/2011

Weekend-ed

It's been a whirlwind weekend.

This is more writing stuff down so i don't forget it.

My first semester of college has come to its end. it's been wild, and i've done a whole bunch of crazy things, of which i regret almost none. the quick highlights include waterfall repelling, not recognizing people after taking them on a date, seeing the top-of-the-line jazz band Synthesis, losing every intramural basketball game my team played (we were called "The Flight of Kishkumen," or FOK. say it out loud), cramming too many people into jake's kia on multiple occasions, and my last night as a first-semester student at BYU, just to name a few. I could write a book.

The semester ended with a bang, to say the least. For the last week of my stay in utah, i decided that cooking for myself was overrated. I ate at subway more than once a week, bought myself a rotisserie chicken, a 6 pack of IBC root beer, then called it a week for food. champ status. It was pretty much the laziest week of my life to date, minus having to go take exams. Slept til noon every day, took my tests, then partied hard.

Thursday I took my last exam around 1. I think people have caught on to me sleeping way too much over exam week because no matter what time of day it was (be it 3 PM or even later) i'd greet everyone with a "good morning." I think that if there is still daylight visible, that's a viable greeting. the hours of 4AM to 11 AM pretty much were scrubbed out of my existence. so nice to be an unemployed college kid. Anyway, Jake, Andrew, and I decided to pull an all-nighter. I figured it's an earmark of the freshman year of college, right? So thursday was the designated day. We started by playing our final round of pickup basketball, then after a quick shower jake, sharissa, and I ran down to the ghetto to visit a couple VA beach friends that were in town. Then the night got interesting.

Being the fan that I am of the Sherlock Holmes movie, I'd decided to be super-hardcore and go see the midnight premier of the second one. Andrew decided to disappear 5 minutes before we left, and matt had been sick all week so he didn't come. The movie was the bomb diggity. Better than the first. Crazy ending, sweet action, and lots of slo-mo madness. After the movie, we all hit Ihop for breakfast. It was about 330 AM. What scared me was that there was this table of like 20 drunk people right behind us, and i realized that they were the 3AM Ihop crowd. what made it even worse was when i realized that I was now part of the 3AM Ihop crowd. disturbing. After i mercilessly consumed my french toast, we went back to campus. It was about 430 AM. I'd bought a red bull earlier that night (the real reason we went down to the ghetto earlier-you can't buy caffeinated stuff on campus) and thought i would need to consume it to get through the night, but it turned out that i didn't. plus i wanted to pull the all nighter without the influence of performance enhancing drugs. I never drink caffeine, let alone red bull (thursday was the first i'd bought in my life) so I decided against it that night. but we will watch an ordinary night become extraordinary when i consume said red bull, unless kevin purged it from the fridge.

After a short break in the action, Jake, Hannah, and I went up to Y mountain and hiked that sucker. like a boss. Got home around 7, and was on a bus to Salt lake by 8:30. Hit the airport at 11, flight at 1:30 to baltimore, flight at 9 to Norfolk. hit home around 10:15. saw my bro who's been in AK for 2 years, and crashed at about 2 AM local time. total time without sleep equals about 40 hours.

tonight i went and hung with all my buddies from high school. Nostalgia. It was good to have everyone back together and see what college has taught all of us. From mixology to tackling streakers, everyone has done well.

Now i have to figure out what to do with the rest of my break.

No comments:

Post a Comment