2/14/2012

Gym Status

This morning I went to the gym with Brandon. This is partially because i'm really out of shape and partially because i am having trouble sleeping, but mostly because i want to get swollen and for chicks to love my hot body. I find if i run or go to the gym it's easier for me to not be up until 4 AM every weeknight. Last week i'd pretty much inadvertently gone nocturnal. not good.

I experienced the phenomena once again of waking up at 6 AM and getting only 5 hours of sleep, something that i'd hoped would never be a part of my life again after i graduated from seminary. Oh well.  Brandon was "impressed" to see me out of bed before 2 pm, and some moron had packed snow onto our side door in such a way that we couldn't get out. To whichever girl who did this that is trying to date andrew, that's really cute. really cute. piss his roommate off and see how far you get. After taking the front door out, Summers and I walked down to the Smith Fieldhouse to the gym. I had the second Nimmer sighting in as many days (it must mean something) on our way there.

I'm not going to lie to everyone. I am tall, skinny, and lacking of any muscles aside from those that are required to play musical instruments. Not making excuses here, it's just the truth. Summers, on the other hand, is built pretty solid (no homo) and played a couple sports in high school. the guys an athlete. I'm not making excuses here, just stating the facts. I'm a liberal arts guy. here's a couple rules for the gym:

1) if you don't know what you're doing, find someone who does. I would never hit the gym by myself because it's about as foreign to me as escargo. I think one of the best ways to learn something new is to find someone who is good at whatever it is you're trying to learn, then just copy everything they do. that's what i tried to do this morning. then i realized i may be the scrawniest weakling to crawl the earth. The other great thing is that there are mirrors everywhere in the gym (kind of like a dance studio, slightly ironic) so i can see exactly how thin i am and how much of a strain it is on my poor little body to attempt anything physical.

2) Be sure to take a guy with you who makes you look really good. this is more like a general rule for life. If you're going on a double date, make sure the other guy looks like he got hit by a train so that you look good. This is why i always double with Jake. Figure my chances are better when the chick's frame of reference is skewed. Long story short, I make Summers look like Mr. Universe in the BYU gym.

3) Have a good sense of humor. If i were a girl, i would have walked out of the gym this morning feeling like a complete failure, had no self-esteem left, then probably gone and drowned my sorrows in baking. idk. When you're lifting only 1/2 to 1/3 of the weight of the guy you're with, all you can do is laugh at yourself and scream things to everyone in the gym like "GOD IS WATCHING." keeps them humble. I had a great time this morning and am looking forward to going again.  I've never tried serious weight lifting before, and i like to pretend i can run for a reasonable amount of time, so i've just opened up a whole new world in the fitness universe for myself.


A word about valentine's day, since it is the 14th of February.Ideally, you'd want to start dating a girl right after valentine's day (so you don't have to blow money on chocolate you're not going to get). its also a plus if said woman's birthday is before February or long long after you leave on your mission (preferably in a foreign country far, far away). Personally, i don't really care for valentine's day, and isn't that such a surprise. Sure, It's easy for a single guy to dislike valentines, but i think i'd hate it even more if i was dating someone unless she's totally amazing, which she would be anyway because i'm dating her. paradox. Anyhow, my valentine's evening will hopefully be spent assaulting couples making out in public with water balloons. Bandit hats included. I celebrated this valentines day by purchasing the new punch brothers album, and it rocks. i'm dropping out of school and buying a mandolin. 

funny story of the week, i went to a valentines dance saturday night (bored outta my mind) and frosted my phone number onto a cookie that said "Date Me." I got a call. more on this later when i see how it pans out. should be rather interesting.

5 comments:

  1. First off, I know Nimmer. Uh...

    Second off, I saw that El Fudge cookies are 2 for $5 again at the Creamery. Surely you already noticed this, but I thought it was worth bringing up.

    Valentine's day. Take note that it is 2:52 and I am awake, having just showered and eaten breakfast because I have to go to work in 20 minutes. Just enough time to go drown my sorrows in baking. V day is just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, thanks for the tip on Elfudge cookies. I no longer buy them from the creamery because winco offers them at 2 for $4, so i just buy like 10 packs of them when i go there. also Nimmer is a rather long, funny story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. jacob, can you delete all paramore songs from that playlist at the bottom?
    hayley williams's voice makes me cringe.
    and also, the only good song by Anberlin is 'Inevitable'
    happy day after Valentine's Day <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) don't talk to me about my music selection

      2) your voice makes me cringe

      3) slow, acoustic guitar with sappy lyrics does not predicate good music.

      4) you're one bad comment away from getting blocked.

      Delete